DW-6900 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- DW-6900 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock DW-6900 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock DW-6900 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- DW-6900 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- DW-6900 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official DW-6900 Specs *all details and for base version DW-6900-1VH
- Famous people wearing G-Shock DW-6900! *updates
- Japanese Unique Features in DW-6900 *the most distinctive features in details
- DW-6900 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about DW-6900 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in short. The base model is the round face DW-6900 with three graphic displays, which has been the base model for a number of stylish variations. It’s iconic round face form comes with a matte interior facing and a subtle dark grey resin band, giving the classic design a modern, stylistic twist.
|Price||$60 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||1995|
|Module Number||3230 / Manual|
|Model Range||STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (G-Shock Batteries)|
Buy Battery on Amazon →
G-Shock DW-6900 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
To set the time and date
- Press A while in the Timekeeping Mode. The seconds digits flash on the display because they are selected.
- Press C to change the selection.
- While the seconds digits are selected (flashing), press E to reset the seconds to “00”.
You can set an alarm with hour, minutes, month, and day. When the alarm is on, the alarm sounds for 20 seconds at the preset time. When the Hourly Time Signal is on< the watch beeps every hour on the hour.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 second to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
G-Shock DW-6900 on the wrist!
DW-6900 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ easy to read
+ great price
+ easy to use
– no world clock
– no “reverse button”
Feedback from Experts *based on comparison info with similar watches by price, model range, etc.
+ hourly Time Signal
– no Auto-Back Light
– not so small 53.2×50×16.3mm
DW-6900 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
The Listing of All G-Shock DW-6900 Limited Watches → *with detailed description about the style
What we like in DW-6900 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Triple Graph Display (characterized by three round digital indicators on the dial)
Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock DW Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock DW Watches →
Official Casio Description. G-SHOCK is the watch brand that is always finding ways to incorporate world culture icons into exciting new designs, and these new models are themed on garish colors of silver and blue.
The base model is the round face DW-6900 with three graphic displays, which has been the base model for a number of collaborations with world-famous brands. These models are the first to add a brilliant deposition mirror finish to the face of the DW-6900, creating the look of a fine accessory. The stainless steel front button adds further to the overall brilliance of this model. This new mirror dial model is yet another variation of the DW-6900, which has been an essential part of the G-SHOCK lineup in different forms since 1995.
Official DW-6900 Specs / Features *for base version DW-6900-1VH
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Mineral Glass
- Shock Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
00’00”00~59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 53.2×50×16.3mm
- Total weight : 67g
Famous people wearing G-Shock DW-6900!
Have you seen this watch with another person? Let us know!
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in DW-6900!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
DW-6900 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
±15 seconds per month
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Hourly Time Signal
Case / bezel material
2 years on CR2016
2 years on CR2016
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
DW-6900 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for DW-6900 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about DW-6900 *on casiofanmag.com
- This is the first time Casio collaborate with fashion brand Against Lab in launching a limited-edition G-SHOCK DW-6900AL22 in S.E.A area. DW-6900 was released in 1995, which was the first G-SHOCK to feature an EL backlight. The backlight’s ability to display text or a symbol became a popular feature. Also, the series won […]
- Casio Malaysia officially announced a special collaboration model with Paradise Youth Club’s fashion brand. That is the first collaboration between Casio and Paradise Youth Club in releasing the G-SHOCK DW-6900PYU21 limited edition. The DW-6900 was released in 1995 and was the first G-SHOCK watch with an EL backlight. The ability of the backlight […]
- Introducing carefully selected models that match the summer style from the many G-SHOCK collections. From the G-SHOCK summer classic skeleton series, this vivid one that is perfect for summer using a light-condensing material. The post [G-Shock Digital] DW-6900LS and Summer Style Colors appeared first on CasioFan Magazine.
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
The watch is characterized by three round digital indicators on the dial.
STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)
Not sure about DW-6900? There are more G-Shocks!