GLX-S5600 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GLX-S5600 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- Japanese Unique Features in GLX-S5600 *the most distinctive features in details
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock GLX-S5600 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GLX-S5600 on the wrist *only images and only on the wrist
- GLX-S5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Official GLX-S5600 Specs *all details and for base version GLX-S5600-3
- G-Shock GLX-S5600 PROs & CONs *by experts with 10 years experience
- Recent News about GLX-S5600 *the latest breaking news and videos
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GLX-S5600!
Nostalgic color inspired by surf beach.
Pale blue (GLX-S5600-3) and pale orange (GLX-S5600-4). Under the theme of nostalgic beach, we adopted a fade color that goes well with surf fashion. The faded tones and matte textures create a cool, retro feel. Two models, basic black (GLX-S5600-1) and off-white (GLX-S5600-7), are also available.
Compact & Slim.
Compared to the regular size GLX-5600, the case size (horizontal) has been reduced to about 94%. The thickness has been reduced and the fit has been improved. It is easy to wear even for women and people with thin arms, expanding the range of coordination.
Biomass plastic is used for the bezel and band. By using renewable organic resources as raw materials, we contribute to reducing environmental impact. We have created a symbiosis with nature by uniting the thoughts of everyone who loves the sea.
Various functions useful for surf riding.
In addition to the shock-resistant structure that can be used hard and water resistance of 20 bar, it is equipped with tide graph and moon data. Useful for marine sports such as surfing.
Super illuminator for easy viewing even in dark places
*average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
|Year of first Release||2023|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||145 – 200 mm|
|Module Number||3559 / Manual|
|Battery Type||CR1616 (G-Shock Batteries)|
|Other Divisions the GLX-S5600 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Digital|
G-Shock for Women
G-Shock GLX-S5600 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
- Tide Graph
- Moon Graph
- Day of the week
- Hour, minute, second
- Month, day
Holding down this button for at least one second in any mode displays the setting screen.
Press to turn on illumination.
Each press cycles between watch modes.
Pressing this button while any setting screen is displayed will change the setting.
Tide Level and Moon Age
The Tide Graph and Moon Graph for the current time are shown in the Timekeeping Mode.
The stopwatch measures elapsed time in units of 1/100 second up to 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59.99 seconds (24 hours). When this maximum limit is exceeded, elapsed time measurement returns to 0 and timing continues from there.
G-SHOCK GLX-S5600 on the wrist!
GLX-S5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
What we like in GLX-S5600 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— The iconic square design (inspired by the first and origin G-SHOCK DW-5000C)
— Smaller and thinner version of the G-SHOCK GLX-5600 (good suitable for women)
— Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
— Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Biomass plastics in the case and band (the environmentally friendly biomass plastics are produced using materials derived from castor seeds and corn, as well as other raw materials)
— Basic but useful functions (1/100-second stopwatch (24 hours), countdown timer, alarm, calendar, etc)
Official Casio Description.
A smaller and thinner model of the sports line G-LIDE with a tide graph function. Biomass plastic is used for the bezel and band to reduce the burden on the environment. In terms of functionality, it also has tide graph and moon data, which are essential functions for surfers, and supports riding in the oceans around the world. A fashionable and sporty model with a nostalgic color that is popular in the surf scene.
G-SHOCK SQUARE EVOLUTION TIMELINE
300$ on Amazon →
First Square G-SHOCK with Optical Heart Rate Sensor and Bluetooth for Smart Sport Functions
125$ on Amazon →
A smaller and thinner model of the sports line G-LIDE with a tide graph function. Biomass plastic is used for the bezel and band to reduce the burden on the environment.
80$ on Amazon →
This model is a smaller and thinner version of the G-SHOCK icon model DW-5600.
110$ on Amazon →
Since its release in 1983, the toughness watch G-SHOCK, which continues to evolve in search of insatiable strength, is the model DW-B5600 series equipped with a smartphone link.
Official GLX-S5600 Specs / Features *for base version GLX-S5600-3
- Case size (L× W× H): 45.7 x 40.5 x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 41 grams
- Case and bezel material: Biomass Plastic
- Resin band (biomass plastic)
- Battery life: about 3 years
- 20 ATM water resistant
- Mineral glass
- Band wearable size: 145-200mm
- World time: Time display for 48 cities (29 time zones) around the world, with summer time setting function
- Moon data (moon age/moon shape display)
- Tide graph
- Stopwatch (1/100 second, 24 hour meter, 5 second countdown auto start, with split)
- Timer (set unit: 1 minute, maximum set: 24 hours, measurement in 1 second units, auto repeat, with time-up notice function)
- 3 multi-alarms (only 1 with snooze function), time signal
- LED backlight (with super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds/3 seconds))
- Report sound flash function (alarm/time signal, timer notice/time up, stopwatch auto start, report sound interlocking light emission)
- full auto calendar
- Average monthly accuracy : ±15 seconds
- 12/24 hour display switching
G-SHOCK GLX-S5600 PROs & CONs
*we composed all points based on our ten years experience in writing about CASIO watches. We know what matters when you are searching for your ideal G-SHOCK!
– Compact G-LIDE sports watch (45.7 × 40.5 × 11.9 mm VS traditional 48.9 × 42.8 × 13.4 mm in DW-5600)
– Tide graph display (amazing look and practical for surfers)
– Made of eco-friendly biomass plastics (the bezel and band)
– Still 200-meter water resistant (despite eco-friendly biomass plastics)
– Affordable price Super Illuminator (high-brightness LED backlight)
– No Solar Power (3 years)
– Budget-friendly materials but durable
– No advanced functions (like pedometer, compass etc)
– No advances technologies (like Multi Band6, Bluetooth)
– Only traditional CASIO functions (but has a tide graph)
Recent News about GLX-S5600
Not sure about GMD-S5600? There are more G-Shocks!