GM-5600 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GM-5600 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Official GM-5600 Video *only from Casio Company
- G-Shock GM-5600 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GM-5600 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- GM-5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- G-Shock GM-5600 Watch Review *our detailed review of the watch
- GM-5600 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other G-Shock GM Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official GM-5600 Specs *all details and for base version GM-5600-1
- G-Shock GM-5600 PROs & CONs *by experts with 10 years experience
- Japanese Unique Features in GM-5600 *the most distinctive features in details
- GM-5600 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about GM-5600 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in Short. Representative of the iconic G-Shock square form factor with steel casing. Thus, the Japanese decided to give fans of the high-impact direction an opportunity to enjoy metal in their favorite case, while the price tag of the model is quite affordable – about $ 250. The inside of the case is made of polymer to absorb shock and reduce the total weight of the watch, and both parts of the strap are removable – the replacement process takes a matter of seconds. The capabilities of the GM-5600 module almost completely coincide with the DW-5600 – a stopwatch, world clock, timer, alarm clock, calendar and backlight with a blinking function.
|Price||$190 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||2019|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||180 – 230 mm|
|Module Number||3229 / Manual|
|Model Range||STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (G-Shock Batteries)|
Buy Battery on Amazon →
|Other Divisions the GM-5600 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Square|
Official GM-5600 Video
G-Shock GM-5600 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
To set the time and date
1. Press (A) while in the Timekeeping Mode. The seconds digits flash on the display because they are selected.
2. Press (C) to change the selection.
You can set an alarm with hour, minutes, month, and day. When the alarm is on, the alarm sounds for 20 seconds at the preset time. When the Hourly Time Signal is on, the watch beeps every hour on the hour.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 second to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
The Stopwatch Mode lets you measure elapsed time, split times, and two finishes. The range of the stopwatch is 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds.
G-Shock GM-5600 on the wrist!
GM-5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Enjoy our G-Shock GM-5600 Watch Review
The most interesting thing about the GM-5600 is of course the steel overlay on the case. Yes, it is the overlay, because the “core” of the case remained polyurethane. This is clearly seen from the side or back view – the black layer is located between the bezel-less part and the back of the watch. Such a simplification may upset someone, but it is clearly done in order to save. The metal frame is made very high quality – sparkling gloss on the front of the case and on the sides is very similar to the GMW-B5000 steel format. Read Full Review →
G-SHOCK GM-5600 PROs & CONs
*we composed all points based on our ten years experience in writing about CASIO watches. We know what matters when you are searching for your ideal G-SHOCK!
– Steel bezel (gives the watch a premium look)
– Sturdy and durable design
– Interchangeable straps ( for customization and easy replacement)
– Iconic G-Shock features, including a stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm, hourly signal, calendar, and 12/24-hour time format.
– Classic square design
– No smart capabilities (Bluetooth for example)
– The steel bezel’s rough surface may be prone to scratches
– The watch lacks advanced features like
– Bluetooth connectivity, solar power, and radio synchronization, commonly found in higher-priced models
– The inverted display might not offer optimal readability in bright sunlight
GM-5600 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
The Listing of All G-Shock GM-5600 Limited Watches → *with detailed description about the style
What we like in GM-5600 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Steel bezel (uses resin for the case interior and stainless steel for the bezel cover, creating a look of elegance while maintaining light weight and a great fit to the wrist)
Other G-Shock GM Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock GM Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock GM Watches →
Official Casio Description. Introducing a new selection of models that adds metal parts to the design of the square-face 5600 Series G-SHOCK, the watch that has been revolutionizing personal timekeeping since 1983.
These new models use resin for the case interior and stainless steel for the bezel cover, creating a look of elegance while maintaining light weight and a great fit to the wrist. Light-on-dark LCDs further add to the overall chic look of these timepieces.
These new 5600 Series watches maintain the original G-SHOCK concept while improving overall timekeeping quality, designs, and comfort.
Official GM-5600 Specs / Features *for base version GM-5600-1
- Case / bezel material: Resin / Stainless steel
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2039)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 49.6×43.2×12.9mm
- Total weight : 73g
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GM-5600!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
GM-5600 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals)
±15 seconds per month
5 daily alarms
5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
Measuring unit: 1 second
1/1 min. – 24 hours
Measuring unit: 1 second
Elapsed time, split time and final time are measured with 1/100-sec accuracy. The watch can measure times of up to 24 hours.
Hourly Time Signal
Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world
29 time zones (48 cities), daylight saving on/off
Case / bezel material
Resin / Stainless steel
Resin / Stainless steel
2 years on CR2016
Solar Powered CTL1616
5 years on CR2025
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
GM-5600 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for GM-5600 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about GM-5600
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GM-2140GEM-2A ant others — Inspired by Cordierite and Calcite
- [G-SHOCK Comparison] DW-B5600 VS GM-S5600 VS GM-5600
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GM-114GEM-1A9 and others — 40th Anniversary Adventurer’s Stone Series
- [G-SHOCK 2022] GM-2100G and others — Black and Gold Metal Color Scheme
- [G-SHOCK 2022] DW-5000SS-1 and Others — Street Spirit Series
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
It uses resin for the case interior and stainless steel for the bezel cover, creating a look of elegance while maintaining light weight and a great fit to the wrist.
STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)
Not sure about GM-5600? There are more G-Shocks!