GM-S5600 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GM-S5600 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Official GM-S5600 Video *only from Casio Company
- G-Shock GM-S5600 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GM-S5600 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- GM-S5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other G-Shock GM Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official GM-S5600 Specs *all details and for base version GM-S5600-1
- Famous people wearing G-Shock GM-S5600! *updates
- Japanese Unique Features in GM-S5600 *the most distinctive features in details
- GM-S5600 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about GM-S5600 *the latest breaking news and videos
*average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
|Year of first Release||2020|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||140 – 200 mm|
|Module Number||3489 / Manual|
|Model Range||WOMEN (The Line includes watches that are smaller than original men’s variant, but have the same functions, technologies and other specs. Usually meant for women but also good for children and small wrists.)|
|Battery Type||CR1616 (G-Shock Batteries)|
Buy Battery on Amazon →
|Other Divisions the GM-S5600 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Digital|
Official GM-S5600 Video
G-Shock GM-S5600 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
To set the time and date
1. Press A while in the Timekeeping Mode. The seconds digits flash on the display because they are selected.
2. Press C to change the selection.
You can set an alarm with hour, minutes, month, and day. When the alarm is on, the alarm sounds for 20 seconds at the preset time. When the Hourly Time Signal is on, the watch beeps every hour on the hour.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 second to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
- Press B to start the stopwatch.
- Press B to stop the stopwatch.
- Press A to clear the stopwatch to all zeros.
G-Shock GM-S5600 on the wrist!
GM-S5600 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ ideal for smaller wrists
+ no Baby-G logo
+ steel bezel
+ good news for my 6 wrist
+ we applaud quietly with our small hands and tiny wrists
+ this G-shock is just beautiful, can certainly wear it with many more outfits, even more formal contexts
+ a nice watch, but hopefully Casio will re-release this line with a brushed or bead blasted finish
– would be more interested in a thinner square than a smaller one
– squares are small enough already
– the highly polished bezels would definitely get scratched easily
Feedback from Experts *based on comparison info with similar watches by price, model range, etc.
+ affordable price
+ hourly Time Signal
+ Multi-function alarm
+ 1/100-second stopwatch
– no Radio-controlled feature
– no World Time
– only 2 years battery
– no Multi Language Day
– no Multi Day Format
What we like in GM-S5600 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Compact G-SHOCK (great choices for women who prefer mannish G-SHOCK styling)
— The iconic square design (of the 5600 Series with a metal-covered bezel)
— Flash alert (Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals)
Other G-Shock GM Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock GM Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock GM Watches →
Official Casio Description. Introducing new compact G-SHOCK models that are great choices for women who prefer mannish G-SHOCK styling.
The iconic square design of the 5600 Series with a metal-covered bezel. All the shock resistance of the GM-5600 in a smaller size for a lightweight and comfortable fit to the wrist.
These designs blend elegance and casualness in ways that make them go great with street fashions. The case and bezel have mirror finishes that enhance the texture of the metal.
This lineup provides a choice of four colors, including two pink gold models, a champagne gold model, and a silver model.
Official GM-S5600 Specs / Features *for base version GM-S5600-1
- Case / bezel material: Resin / Stainless steel
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR1616
- Size of case : 43.8×38.4×10.9mm
- Total weight : 50g
Famous people wearing G-Shock GM-S5600!
Have you seen this watch with another person? Let us know!
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GM-S5600!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
GM-S5600 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
±15 seconds per month
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals), Bluetooth (via phone app)
G-Shock Connected App (simplifies certain watch operations by letting you perform them on your phone screen)
LED backlight (Super illuminator)
5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Hourly Time Signal
39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
Multi Day Format
Multi Language Day
Case / bezel material
Resin / Stainless steel (Gold ion plated case)
2 years on CR2016
2 years on CR1616
Solar powered CTL1616
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
GM-S5600 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for MTG-B2000 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
starting from 91$ on PacParts →
Recent News about GM-S5600 *on casiofanmag.com
- The G-SHOCK “Midnight Fog” series brings a total of five watches this time, and different styles will take you to explore the mysterious atmosphere.GM-5600MF-2 & GM-S5600MF-6 are based on the classic small square shape, the metal bezel is matched with the translucent resin strap, and it has a hazy beauty under […]
- [G-Shock Skeleton Band] Mystic Fog Series – metal cases with colored stainless-steel bezels and semitransparent strapsThe G-Shock Mystic Fog series, recently sold at Casio China and is expected worldwide soon, includes five “GM” models in metal cases with colored stainless steel bezels and semitransparent straps. These watches feature softer color tones and a matte skeletonized strap for a restrained and stylish look. Other models (from left […]
- The metal covered model “GM-5600” and “GM-S5600” are great choices for both men and women. These designs blend elegance and casualness in ways that make them go great with street fashions. The post [G-Shock Digital] Metal Covered GM-5600 and GM-S5600 appeared first on CasioFan Magazine.
You ask, we answer…
It means that the watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
It flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals.
Not sure about GM-S5600? There are more G-Shocks!